Friday, November 11, 2022

11/22: Is the stock market over-valued?

Price of a stock is supposed to go close to its value in the long run. But how does one determine value? We have talked about Shiller's P/E ratio. From your Finance class, you know that the "value" of a stock is its discounted future earnings. But cannot observe future earnings, so Shiller used a moving average of past earnings and found that stock prices seem to revert to about 17 times earnings.
The current Shiller P.E Ratio for the S&P 500 is 39.89. Last month the ratio was at 38.68, and a year ago was at 34.51. In fact, the ratio is now at its highest level in the last 20 years.
Another value metric is the total capitalization of the stock market relative to GDP (From Zerohedge).  

2 comments:

  1. 🗣🗣🗣🗣🗣🗣🗣🗣🗣🗣🗣🗣🗣🗣🗣🗣🗣🗣🗣🗣🗣🗣🗣🗣
    Hello there, as a newbie to crypto currency trading, I lost a lot of money trying to navigate the market on my own. In my search for a genuine and trusted trader, i came across Mr Mark Toray who guided and helped me make so much profit up to the tune of $40,000. I made my first investment with $1,000 and got a ROI of $9,400 in less than 8 days. You can contact this expert trader via
    Telegram: @Mark4toray_fx
    Email : Marktoray8@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. 🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷Highly Recommended!
    Very insightful, i will also say this here. Investment is one of the best ways to achieve financial freedom. For a beginner there are so many challenges you face. It's hard to know how to get started. Trading on the Cryptocurrency market has really been a life changer for me. I almost gave up on crypto at some point not until saw a recommendation on Elon musk successfully success story and I got a proficient trader/broker Mr Bernie Doran , he gave me all the information required to succeed in trading. I made more profit than I could ever imagine. I'm not here to converse much but to share my testimony; I have made total returns of $10,500.00 from an investment of just $1000.00 within 1 week. Thanks to Mr Bernie I'm really grateful,I have been able to make a great returns trading with his signals and strategies .I urge anyone interested in
    INVESTMENT to take bold step in investing in the Cryptocurrency Market, you can reach him on WhatsApp : +1(424) 285-0682 or his Gmail : BERNIEDORANSIGNALS@GMAIL.COM, bitcoin is taking over the world, tell him I referred you🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷

    ReplyDelete