When I was a long-haired, first-year econ grad student and TA/labor organizer (AFL/CIO #3220), on strike and pissing away my education, I picked up Republican Party Reptile at the University Bookstore and never put it down. I had no idea that other people thought the same way.
About ten years ago, I invited PJ to speak at Vanderbilt and had the pleasure of introducing him to my students. Thank you PJ.
- Timeless Wisdom from PJ O'Rourke:
- Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. -- P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian
- If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke
- The weirder you’re going to behave, the more normal you should look. It works in reverse, too. When I see a kid with three or four rings in his nose, I know there is absolutely nothing extraordinary about that person.
- PJ O'Rourke on Politicians
- Why God is a Republican and Santa Claus is a Democrat
- Just when you thought the government couldn't get any bigger