Monday, October 22, 2018

Bank stock drops 28%

After $45M worth of loans in its portfolio went bad:



Banks make money by borrowing from depositors (at 1%) and lending to business (at 5%).  A bank's net revenue is the amount of loans they make times the interest rate spread (LOANS*4%).

Typically loan officers have incentives to make as many loans as possible, ignoring the potential for default.  Although banks must raise equity to cushion against the risk of loan default, it is only 10.5% of the value of its loans.  When loans go bad, this erodes some of the owners' capital, which can cause a sharp drop in the bank's stock price.  Fixing this is hard because loan performance may not be realized until years after the loan is made. 

Nate Tobik, founder of Completebankdata.com, told Benzinga’s PreMarket Prep hosts Friday that Bank of Ozarks has been his favorite short idea for about a year now.  
“I think it’s going to be a zero once we hit a recession, and you can ride it all the way down,” he said. 

DISCLAIMER:  THIS IS FOR TEACHING PURPOSES ONLY.  IF I REALLY KNEW WHAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN, I WOULDN'T BE TEACHING SCHOOL AND I PROBABLY WOULDN'T TELL YOU.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOW ILLUMINATI BROTHERHOOD MAKE ME RICH AND FAMOUS. I am a member of the illuminati brotherhood, i want to give thanks to the Lord Lucifer, for what he has done for me, he changed my life, he bring joy and happiness to my life, i am living a good life today is because of the illuminati brotherhood, i have being try all my life to join the illuminati brotherhood, i was scammed some many times but i still did not give up, because when you give up in life, life will also give up on you, if you have been scammed so many times, my advise for you is not to give up, because the illuminati brotherhood is real, i joined the real illuminati paying just 500usd, to join the illuminati, i want you all to know today, , you don't pay money to join, my advice for you all is to make up your mind and join the illuminati brotherhood, when my initiation process was completed the benefits amount which was given to me is $1,000,000 to start a new life, this is the reason why i can not stop hailing the illuminati brotherhood, Are you a musician or a politician or a business person and you want to become rich in what you do if you are in any kind of problems or you in support in life, my advice to you is to join the illuminati brotherhood so that all your problems can be solve in life, to join the illuminati brotherhood you can contact AGENT CARLOS on whatsapp me +2348119132137

    ReplyDelete