Actually, there is more. After losing $300 trying to win an Xbox, he goes home, gets the rest of his $2,300 'nest egg,' and blows that too. Let me get this right:
- He goes through his entire 'pocket change' trying to win a prize worth no more than his pocket change.
- He carries around pocket change representing 10% of his entire wealth.
- With that gone, he decides to chance more of his accumulated life savings.
- He decides to chance his entire life savings.
- His life savings are kept in his home.
- And this is the carny's fault, "It's not possible that it wasn't rigged."
"Henry's got bigger problems than that big banana."The lesson that every carny knows: "Anticipate adverse selection."