Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Job openings in China for fair-faced foreigners

From CNN:
For a day, a weekend, a week, up to even a month or two, Chinese companies are willing to pay high prices for fair-faced foreigners to join them as fake employees or business partners.
Some call it "White Guy Window Dressing." To others, it's known as the "White Guy in a Tie" events, "The Token White Guy Gig," or, simply, a "Face Job."
Remember that signals are valuable only if they are difficult to mimic. In this case,the ability to mimic the signal should mean that its value as a signal will soon disappear.
...Because Western countries are so developed, people think they are more well off, so people think that if a company can hire foreigners, it must have a lot of money and have very important connections overseas. So when they really want to impress someone, they may roll out a foreigner.

2 comments:

  1. Hello

    I am a 23 year old male undergraduate that majors in business and economics. I currently live in California in the United States and am looking to get a job in China.

    I have various experience in retail, business management, and quality control. Currently working on a IT company LLC.

    I'm in good shape, weight 160 pounds reddish brown hair blue eyes

    I'm willing to give my agent a percentage of my wages

    I have done small acting jobs in Hollywood as an extra

    I'm willing to work 50 hours a week I'm hardworking, intelligent and ambitious

    I look forward to hearing from you
    Please email me at
    J.Michael.mauck@email.com

    sincerely, Jesse mauck

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don’t really prefer to go on with doing jobs; it just not makes me comfortable at all. I prefer doing my own work and that’s where I enjoy the Forex trading, it is an incredible business with having great benefits if we work it correctly. I am working with OctaFX broker and with them, I can start off with as low as 5 dollars, so that’s something seriously good and makes me comfortable while there is also 50% bonus given on every investment.

    ReplyDelete