Friday, August 24, 2007

Blood Money

Why do crime scene cleaners make so much money? According to this article from CNN Money.com, these workers can make up to six figure salaries despite the fact that there are no difficult educational and experiential requirements.

This type of job includes what economists call a "compensating wage differential." In equilibrium, wage differences are a reflection of differences in the attractiveness of jobs. Cleaning up blood, guts, and gore is not a particularly pleasant task for the majority of the population, so crime scene cleaners receive a premium.

Interested in making a better salary than those who have similar education and skills? Pick a nasty job that no one else wants to do. Here is a Business Week article about the worst jobs with the best pay.

1 comment:

  1. I honestly prefer to have comfortable and relaxing job, as I don’t like to be a robotic type guy. I am extremely fortunate that I found Forex business, as here I am my own business and I am making plenty, it’s all credit to OctaFX broker and their wonderful service especially with swap free account type options where I am not required to pay any extra charges and that allows me to work really well smoothly in all situations that I get into.

    ReplyDelete