Friday, October 12, 2012

Perceptions of Priority Paying

BBC Magazine has a nice story on various recent implementations of schemes to charge extra for patrons to go to the head of the line. It is easy to recognize that these are merely attempts to price discriminate. But the theme of the article is how it affects the perceptions of those opting not to pay.
"What it does is it creates what I call the politics of envy. It separates the haves and the have-nots," he says.

"We've always prided ourselves on not being so stratified. Our founding fathers never had this idea of, 'I got mine, now you go get yours'. That's not anywhere in the constitution, the bill of rights, the declaration of independence. But that's what this creates."

In these cases, the lost profits from serving the 'have-nots' may swamp the gains from serving the 'haves.'

1 comment:

  1. Priority is definitely important and we need to set it at correct place, I am very lucky that I do what my priority is on. I am working with OctaFX broker; it’s a really lovely broker to work with and allows us to be successful easily with low spread of 0.2 pips, high leverage up to 1.500 and also have outstanding platform like cTrader, it really helps me trade so much better and makes me feel really good and easily.

    ReplyDelete