Friday, February 27, 2009

Ticketmaster/Live Nation merger, II

Some interesting information that came out in the hearing:
  • Only 85% of the seats in a concert actually go on sale. The other 15% is reserved for the venue, promotor, or performer.
  • Ticketmaster receives only a portion of its service fees. The rest goes back to the promoter or venue.

1 comment:

  1. Heavyweight bands with large followings can even command 100% of the proceeds from ticket sales, leaving the venue to generate revenue only from concessions. This, coupled with a captive customer base and supply/demand, is the reason behind $8-9 beers.