Thursday, December 27, 2007

Presidential futures prices: Republican nomination

With only 7 days before the Iowa caucuses, the prices become more volatile. From intrade.com:

2008.GOP.NOM.GIULIANI
Rudy Giuliani to be the Republican Presidential Nominee in 2008
32.7
2008.GOP.NOM.ROMNEY
Mitt Romney to be the Republican Presidential Nominee in 2008
23.3
2008.GOP.NOM.MCCAIN
John McCain to be the Republican Presidential Nominee in 2008
19.1
2008.GOP.NOM.HUCKABEE
Mike Huckabee to be the Republican Presidential Nominee in 2008
15.0

1 comment:

  1. Hi Luke, it's Peter Baldwin EMBA '04. I have followed the political futures markets quite closely now for over four years, and they enabled me to successfully predict the outcome of the last Presidential election to within 1 percentage point, much to the chagrin of all around me. I am, however, frankly surprised at the results you post and, notwithstanding my strong faith in the wisdom of crowds to predict the future, I am frankly a little skeptical of these data. Both contests are so fluid right now; we'll just have to see. It makes for a great spectator sport however! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete